RULES & REGULATION
All students, faculty members and other employees of the college are eligible for membership of the Library. The Library issues bar-coded identity cards for students. The entitlements, in terms of the number of books that can be borrowed by the members, are as follows:
|Category of Members||No. of Books issued|
|Honours Students||2 (For 15 Days)|
|General Students||1 (For 15 Days)|
|Fulltime Faculty Members||4 (For 30 Days)|
|Part time Faculty Members||3 (For 30 Days)|
|Non-teaching Staff Members||2 (For 30 Days)|
|Non-teaching Casual Members||1 (For 30 Days)|
The hours of service of the College Central Library are as follows:
|Monday to Friday||10.30 am to 4.30 pm|
|Saturday||10.30 am to 2.00 pm|
- Library cards or other identity records are to be shown, if demanded, at the time of entering into the library or whenever asked for in the library.
- Undesirable or unauthorized persons shall have no access to the library and if found in the Library they shall be liable to expulsion from the library by the Librarian.
- At the time of entering the library all personal belongings, such as attaché cases, brief cases, bags ,umbrellas, books not belonging to the Library and books though borrowed from the library but not meant to be returned to the library, shall be deposited at the Property Counter at the entrance to the library.
- Conversations, gossiping, sleeping, smoking, etc are not allowed in the library. Use of Mobile Phone is not allowed within the library premises
- At the time of borrowing a book either for use in the Library Reading Room or for use at home, every borrower is expected to examine it carefully.
- Every member of the library shall be responsible for the safe custody of any library book borrowed by him for study in the Library Reading Room or for use at home. If any mutilation, defacement, damage or lost be detected subsequently, the person to whom the book was issued last will be held responsible for such lost, damage, defacement or mutilation.
- Ordinarily not more than 2 volumes at a time will be allowed to be retained by a borrower for use in the Reading Rooms and such volumes are to be returned in the course of a day.
- In case of loss of a library card, a duplicate one may be issued, at the discretion of the Librarian, for which a fee of Rs 10 per card will have to be paid.
- A defaulter failing to return the borrowed books within the stipulated period are liable to be charged a fine at the usual rate as will by the authority from time to time.
- Each regular student will be required to take library clearance certificate positively, by clearing all dues to the library before filling in the application form for the University final examination.
- In the case of loss, damage, mutilation,pilferage and spoiling of books borrowed, the book must be replaced by new one, otherwise, the Principal/the competent authority, will recover the current price of the book with a charge of fine.
- The Library Rules framed here-in-above may, from time to time, be changed, altered, and amended, or new rules may be added by the Library Committee.